28 Mar Lykethia Makes Forbes’s 100 Must-Follow Tax Twitter Accounts For 2017 List
Did you know that the U.S. tax institution started after acts of solidarity against paying British taxes? Whether you think that stance has been won or lost is a matter of perspective. Nevertheless, taxpayers have been paying federal income taxes since the 19th century. Tax law is written by The Committee on Ways and Means. Most taxpayers might not ever meet a member of this committee; but, we are impacted by their actions.
The U. S. domestic federal tax administrator, Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and many of its partners such as certified public accountants and tax attorneys are here to assist you with your voluntary tax compliance. You should pay only the taxes you legally owe. A key to this goal is being informed about tax law.
Since paying taxes is a part of life and several tax benefits are prescribe by law (if you qualify), consider adding the below action-items to your annual tax plan:
- research tax topics that are applicable to your tax story and that are of interest to you
- periodically review the official websites of the IRS and your state tax administrator(s)
- sign-up for a tax newsletter and read it
- join a tax twitter feed such as @IRSNews, @lypiercecpa and @AuthenticCPA
- work with a tax professional such as a certified public accountant throughout the year
Many tax administrators allow taxpayers access to their individual tax accounts online. Set-up your online account (username, password, etc.) and add reviewing this account periodically to your must-do list. While you are on your tax administrators’ official websites, review tax news and use online tools that are helpful to your voluntary tax compliance. Last but not least, congratulations to Lykethia for being recognized by Forbes!